A custom-made planned maintenance
logbook permanently bound or in a ring binder with tear-proof paper,
designed to simplify the record keeping of all maintenance and repairs.
- Prompts crew to do all planned maintenance jobs at correct service intervals because each section is made for one specific piece of equipment.
- Instant access to past jobs: just look up the symbol in the appropriate column.
- Provides a clear, continuous, and complete record that helps anticipate problems, improving the reliability of a ships systems in a cost effective way and increasing the resale value of the vessel.
- Reduces potential language barriers.
- Not necessary for vessels using their computer for maintenance records.
- Read a real example of major failure due to poor logging.
Examples of logbook sections:
- Main engines, shafts and props
- Water maker
- Air-conditioning, ventilation
- Stabilizers, steering
- Fridge and freezer
- Pumps and fans
- Fuel tanks and filling
- Outboard engines
- Rigging and sails
- Painting and varnishing
- Dry docking and surveys
- Safety equipment servicing
© Leo Lindstrand. All rights reserved.